Peanut Butter Bites
These are great grab n’ go snacks. No baking required! I used to make these all the time but got out of the habit after eliminating sugar. I prefer making my own treats such as banana breads, granola, and bites such as these. I know there are some treats on the market that are cleaner than others, but homemade is better for your body even when it may be time consuming. These bites come together very easy!
By: Kristi Good https://lovelivinlowsugar.com/blog
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: no cooking!
Total time: 20 minutes
Servings: 17 bites (24 grams per bite)
1 cup of GF quick cooking oats (I used Bob’s Redmill)
½ cup Flax seeds (I used Bob’s Redmill)
¼ cup protein powder (I used PaleoPro mocha flavored)
1 tsp pink Himalayan sea salt
½ cup peanut butter (I used Santa Cruz Organic Creamy)
¼ cup honey (I used honey in the raw)
1 tsp vanilla
2 tablespoons mini chocolate chips (I used Enjoy Life)
1. Prepare a cookie sheet with foil or parchment paper.
2. In a large mixing bowl add the oats, flax seeds, protein powder, and salt and mix together.
3. Next add the peanut butter (I think it’s easier to stir is you soften the peanut butter before adding it to the oat mixture.), honey, and vanilla. Stir to combine.
4. Lastly add in the chocolate chips.
5. I use a small scoop to measure out the bites, and my food scale in grams. Then I gently roll the mixture into a ball with the palm of my hands.
6. Place each bite on the cookie sheet. Once all 17 are rolled, place in the refrigerator to set for about 30 minutes.
7. Then I store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
17 Bites (24 grams each) yield: