· 1 cup Israeli couscous (also called pearl couscous)
· 1 small bulb fennel, thinly sliced, plus 1 tablespoon chopped fennel fronds
· ½ English cucumber, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
· 1 small shallot, thinly sliced
· 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
· 2 tablespoons olive oil
· kosher salt and black pepper
· 4 6-ounce pieces skinless salmon fillet
Cook the couscous according to the package directions; rinse to cool.
Combine the couscous, fennel, cucumber, shallot, lemon juice, 1 tablespoon of the oil, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper in a large bowl.
Meanwhile, heat the remaining tablespoon of oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Season the salmon with ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper and sprinkle with the fennel fronds. Cook until opaque throughout, 3 to 5 minutes per side. Serve with the couscous salad.
496 calories; fat 20g; saturated fat 3g; cholesterol 107mg; sodium 477mg; protein 44g; carbohydrates 35g; sugars 1g; fiber 2g; iron 2mg; calcium 60mg.