Roasted Brussels Sprouts
By: Kristi Goode
1 1/2 pounds Brussels sprouts trimmed and halved
1 ½ tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
2 tablespoons fresh or grated parmesan
¼ cup chopped bacon or packaged bacon chunks
· Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
· Place the Brussels sprouts in the center of a large baking sheet.
· Drizzle with the olive oil and sprinkle with salt & pepper.
· Gently mix until the Brussels sprouts are evenly coated, then spread them into a single layer on the baking sheet.
· For even better crisping, flip the Brussels sprouts so that they are all cut sides down.
· Bake for 10 minutes, then remove from the oven and stir.
· Place back in oven and bake an additional 10 minutes or until the Brussels sprouts are lightly charred and crisp on the outside and tender in the center.
· Remove from the oven, add the parmesan cheese and bacon, and let sit for about 5 minutes until cheese melts.